PA Education Programs
Yale School of Medicine is proud to offer two pathways to obtain a high quality PA education: The Physician Assistant Online Program and the Physician Associate Program. Students in both programs graduate with a Master of Medical Science degree and both utilize the faculty from Yale School of Medicine. With unique learning experiences, prospective students can apply for the program that best meets their learning and career objectives.
The Physician Assistant Online Program
The Physician Assistant Online Program focuses on primary care and meeting the health care needs of local communities:
- The online learning experience includes lectures that are studio-recorded for high quality, weekly live class sessions in a virtual classroom, as well as opportunities to collaborate with peers and connect with instructors.
- The hybrid learning experience combines online coursework, live online small group sessions, in-person clinical experiences, and on-campus immersions.
- The curriculum focuses on problem-based learning.
- The clinical mentoring experience can take place in the student’s own community.
The Physician Associate Program
The Physician Associate Program offers a general medicine education and graduates leaders who serve their communities and advance quality health care:
- The curriculum emphasizes experiential learning: full anatomy dissection program, simulation lab, standardized patients, and early clinical exposure.
- Students develop a strong foundation in research.
- Clinical experiences are offered within Yale New Haven Health System and internationally.
- Students engage in interprofessional educational experiences with Yale medical and nursing students.
Visit the Physician Associate Program website for more information.
To receive more information and have an admissions counselor contact you about Yale PA Online, request information below: