YSM’s PA Online Program enrolls ambitious, promising students from across the United States.
Admission and Application Requirements for the Yale PA Online ProgramAdmission and Application Requirements for the Yale PA Online ProgramAdmission and Application Requirements for the Yale PA Online Program
Attending the Yale PA Online Program
Yale School of Medicine (YSM) is advancing the physician assistant (PA) profession by educating the highly proficient PAs the country needs. Yale PA Online prepares patient-focused clinicians through a curriculum that blends online classes and course work with in-person clinical rotations and immersions.
Our students bring a variety of life experiences and a breadth of perspectives to the program. The Class of 2023 includes 81 students from 26 states spanning a wide geographic range, from New England to Alaska. This class includes military veterans, first-generation college students, and students who range in age from 23 to 55 years (average age 32).
Applications are accepted on the CASPA portal from April 29, 2021 through September 1, 2021.
Your application will include:
- Completed application in the Central Application Service for Physician Assistants (CASPA)
- Official transcripts are required from all postsecondary institutions attended.
- $50 supplemental application fee
- CASPA personal statement and three program-specific essays
- A minimum of 500 patient-care experience hours (paid) at the time of application submission
- Evaluations are required from one academic reference or health care professional and one professional reference
- Online interview for select applicants who meet the admissions criteria.
GRE scores are not required.
To be considered for admission to the program, applicants must:
- Hold or be working toward a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited U.S. college or university. Each applicant must have completed a bachelor’s degree prior to matriculation.
- We do not enroll students who already have completed a medical course of study in a foreign institution. Complete all undergraduate coursework before beginning the PA Online Program.
- Have completed a minimum of 500 patient-care experience hours (paid)
- Have a cumulative undergraduate science GPA of at least 3.0 and a cumulative undergraduate GPA of at least 3.0
- Have completed core undergraduate prerequisite science courses at a regionally accredited U.S. college or university with a grade of B or higher, which include:
- Statistics or Calculus
- Biochemistry or Organic Chemistry
- Human Anatomy
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident. We allow applicants from every U.S. state and the District of Columbia.
Take the Next Step
Request more information about earning your physician assistant degree (MMSc) through Yale PA Online, and an admissions counselor will contact you to discuss how you can advance your health care career. The next application cycle will open on the CASPA portal on April 29, 2021.