Tuition and Financial Aid
Tuition and Fees (Per Semester)
2021-2022 Student Budget
Financial Aid Process
- Yale School of Medicine Application for Financial Aid for the current year.
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Yale’s school code for the FAFSA is 001426. Applicants must also authorize the IRS data retrieval. Should the office determine additional documentation must be submitted, the student will be notified directly.
- For purposes of determining the refund of institutional aid funds and for students who have not received aid:
- 100 percent of tuition will be rebated for withdrawals that occur on or before the end of the first 10 percent of the term.
- A rebate of one-half (50 percent) of tuition will be granted for withdrawals that occur after the first 10 percent of the term but on or before the last day of the first quarter of the term.
- A rebate of one quarter (25 percent) of tuition will be granted for withdrawals that occur after the first quarter of a term but on or before the day of Midterm.
- Students who withdraw for any reason after Midterm will not receive a rebate of any portion of tuition.
- The death of a student shall cancel charges for tuition as of the date of death and the Bursar will adjust the tuition on a pro rata basis.
- If the student has received student loans, funds will be returned in the order prescribed by regulations. Please note, fees are not refunded.